Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What do you do all day at home

she asks me....grrrr...i could bite her head off. Since i have decided to take a break from work and concentrate on some other things that are in priority for me. ..i have been asked this question oh! soo many times..and it sets my teeth on edge..coz honestly it is none of their freakin business. I also get on how lucky i am to sleep till 8:00 am..i wish i could get-up that late...have that luxury..they coo...umm..quit ur freakin job and stop being such a money whore...i want to scream. Who put a gun to ur head telling you to work!! really...aren't we all making choices most of the time. Many women go to work..coz they like the independence...the money that comes with it..the career growth...well..there are some of us who are fed-up with the rat race and want to cool off.

Then i get another favorite question..well..u are at home ..might as well have a baby!!..umm..really...so a baby is something you have to pass ur time?? For me..having a baby is something you desire and you have chalked out some plans for it...it is not something you say monday morning...yawn! i am bored..let's have a baby...i guess many do that...but that is so not my style. I love it when there are some elders in families who say....have a baby....everything will take care by itself!! hmmm...pray tell me how?? Of-course when i ask questions like this..i am labelled as insolent...someone with no respect to the elderly folks...aiyooo...i guess only if you stick to the norm can you open ur big mouth...otherwise..better keep ur trap shut huh!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm a stay at home mom who freelances from home and I have faced with quite a lot of these questions...They fail to realize that the only difference is they travel to and fro regarding work...

Rajitha said...

i bet!! and also people expect you to be at their beck and call coz according to them you are sitting at home and eating bon-bons!!

TBC said...

Hey, so when did this blog happen??
SO, what do u do at home all day long??;-)I'm asking this in the nicest possible way, u know?.:D.
Before you burst an artery, let me move on...
I just sat and read all the posts here.
The second post was what u were talking about the other day, na?...aren't u worried your friend might read it?
Nirupa Roy smile...I like that.:D

You know, when I first got here and absoulte strangers smiled and asked me how I was, I really thought they cared and wanted to know! This has nothing to do with what you were talking about here, but I just wanted you to know. ;-)

Rajitha said...

TBC..ha ha..i felt the saw way yaar...whe they asked me how i was doing..i would answer them sincerely!! what a moron :D..and i know you will ask some loser question like that :D..actually i have no problems when my friends ask..it is when i don't know the person and when i can make out that they are behaving in a condescending manner to me by posing that irritating question....so btw. how is that elliptical working for you ;)