Friday, July 4, 2008

Keep that pooch on a leash...

and make sure the freakin leash is not too long. I am fed up by the way dogs have taken over the side walks and parks around me...where they seem to rule the roost and people like me..who are nervous of them..are left walking on main roads or peeping into parks to make sure there is no dog in there and scrambling out the minute they arrive. Why do these owners..remove the leash and let the dog run 'loose'!!..don't they have a yard in their home..or go to an empty space up-north and play catch with your pet. Don't come to a park and make the walking/jogging experience for the rest of us sheer hell.

Anyone who remotely knows me..knows i hate to walk. But off-late in my quest to lose the chub...i have been jogging and walking...depends on mood and stamina. So...i go to this small park near my home..i really like it...it is completely wooded...cool and quiet..then just a few days back i see a couple coming in with their monster of a dog. The let the doggy loose and concentrate on themselves!..and the mutt is running amuck...chasing squirrels..running after people and sniffing little kids. Luckily..i was just near the entrance of the park and took a quick exit. If that is not inconsideration..pray tell me what is! Then there are the other folks..who have a pet on a leash sooooo long..that the dog can walk nearly a block before you!!...this dog barks at humans..snarls at other doggies and poops and pisses where it wants..and the darling dog owner is soo busy on the phone..that she decides to give the shit cleaning a go...after all she thinks...it is bio-degradable..yuck!!...i have seen people just ignoring to pick up the poop..unless they realise there are people observing them...even then it is a half ass attempt...sic

Another thing which can irritate me is when the pooch owner tells you...'he is really sweet you know..he cannot harm even a bird'...uuhhh...all this when the dog has his nose up your ass...and you squeal...yep! i squeal like a little girl..i am basically very very jumpy by nature. Anyhoo...i really do not care if the dog can harm a bird or eat a cat..but get them off me..i really think it is so rude. It is their way of being friendly the pet owner claims...umm...i don't want to be friends...keep him/her at your place and let me be!!

So guys...if you have a dog..please show some consideration for the rest of us...and hold on tight to them...and no..all of us are not in love with your puffy face or cuddle bun!!

6 comments:

TBC said...

Well said, R!:D
I too am scared of dogs (and almost all other living creatures).

Also, I'm not a pet person. My colleague has a dog and not a day goes by when she doesn't go on and on about it. She talks about the dog almost as if it were human, not understanding that I don't feel the same way about her dog as she does. The question I absolutely hate is, "isn't he adorable?" I still have not found a nice way to answer that one.

So what is the moral of your story?- Do not exercise, just sit on the couch!:D

Laavanya said...

OMG.. i'm worried about the same thing when I go for walks... It unnerves me when there are large dogs barking even if there's a frail looking fence.. i mean some of those aren't big enough and I imagine that the dog could jump over. I tend to move as far away as I can and walk on the road if I see the dog on the path - even if it's a teeny weeny, sweet looking dog! Better be safe than sorry.

Oh and I just updated a post about Anushka yday and saw your comment so wanted to let you know :)

Rajitha said...

TBC..i know you will get some warped up message like this from the looong story :D...adn if she asks you if her doggy is cute..just say yes na!! isme kya problem hain??

laav..tell me about it...the fence is a joke! half of these dogs are so big..that if they come charging...the fence will bite the dust :D...

sra said...

Heard there's a dog lovers movement out there yelping in protest after seeing this post - can you hear the deafening silence?

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh..not laughing at you but the way you wrote.
I have the same issue with these dog owners. It may be friendly to you but I don't want to be friends,just keep to yourself. never could understand their logic.

But i have this problem( well I think now), i cna go on about my kids, i better watch, not everone feels the smae about the kids story eh!.

hopped here from Laksh's
shy

Anonymous said...

Well, I am dog lover; but can relate to the not picking up poop. Though in India, it does not matter :) Back in the US, it was annoying to see it around. I just don't like unfriendly dogs not on a leash. I can understand your say on this cos my soon to be ex is scared of dogs. He is all stiff when one comes around sniffing. By the way, dogs know when you are scared of them, sadistic that they can be, love to annoy you more :D Vicarious pleasure I should say I have had when the dog barks at P and comes sniffs around & plays with me :D