Saturday, September 13, 2008

Old Habits die hard....or do they even die!

seriously...i am notorious for taking more than i can chew..and i mean that in every sense possible. Let me explain...if it is work..i take more assignments than i can handle...no..it is not because i am insecure..it is because..i am greedy! i want to learn everything..NOW!..yeah..so there i go nodding my head..saying..yeah sure! i can do it...and then bury my head at work. If it is house-cleaning (a rare occasion tho)...i am super super thorough...taking a room apart...and clean the whole place up...right from arranging and lining drawers to rearranging clothes and the whole nine yard. The gym..i attend all the classes morning and evening....and want to be advanced level by end of week one (feel free to roll your eyes at me)...and finally comes up favorite topic..studies!!...here i have signed up for exams....which btw. i hav not even touched the book or even know the format of the exam!....And how could i forget DIET!! here i take the freakin cake...advance planning...obsessive weighing of food...thorough division of carb-protein-fat (luckily not more in-depth i tell ya) and timing of the food..spaced every 3 hours (i set an alarm...oooh yeah!!)

I have always been like this...obsessed and desire perfection in what i do..which is btw quite rare...coz i am also super lazy and not embarrased about it :D. My mentality has always been all or nothing...i have tried to change...and i did think i have...only to discover i was like a wolf in sheep's clothing! I am still the same girl...getting irritated if it is not to my standard and still nuts on things getting done in a certain way...i think what has changed in me during the years is I no longer expect people to do things my way...I just go ahead and do it and not throw a bitch fit...so do i get brownie points for it....oops!!

Btw. thnks for asking about me girls...felt the love..i tell ya...and Apar..will look into the tag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back. Can relate to your obsession to perfection except in the dieting bit alone :) I will obsess to eat healthy; but not weigh and calculate (that bit I get lazy, not that I don't want to do!)
Hope to see your answers :D
Keep blogging!

Laavanya said...

Hey Rajitha! Nice to see you back at blogging... Wow you are thorough when you get your head in.. and so enthusiastic too. That is pretty good in a way though when the low part kicks in am sure it gets you worried. Am sure you'll find a happy balance soon... don't ya worry.

mitr_bayarea said...

Good to see you back...you seem to be quite passionate about the things you want to do or pursue, that is a good thing. Hopefully, you'll slow down and be able to take stock of ur surroundings.